Protecting Your Rights And Future When Charged With Drug Crimes
When you’re facing criminal drug charges, your freedom, livelihood, reputation and well-being may be on the line. That’s why you need a criminal defense attorney with a reputation of success that you can trust. Lackey Law Firm, P.C. represents clients charged with drug crimes in the Fredericksburg and Austin, Texas, areas.
What Is A Drug Crime?
If you have been arrested or charged with possession of drugs, tampering with drug evidence or being intoxicated or under the influence of any illegal drug in Texas, you are susceptible to a wide range of consequences.
If found guilty of certain crimes, you may face jail time, probation, lofty fines, drug addiction treatment requirements and loss of your employment or your driver’s license. The charges you face are dependent on several different factors, so a case evaluation by an experienced and knowledgeable criminal defense attorney can be vital.
Types Of Drugs Crimes
There is a long list of drugs that, if found in your possession, can lead to criminal charges. From prescription pills to controlled substances, different drugs come with varying penalties.
- Possession of controlled substance: The punishments for possession of controlled substances can vary based on the penalty group of the substance and the amount in possession.
- Possession of marijuana: Charges for marijuana can range from misdemeanor to felony, and can also affect your driver’s license.
- Possession of dangerous drugs: A dangerous drug is defined by the Health & Safety Code as a device or a drug that is unsafe for self-medication and that is not included in Schedules I through V or Penalty Groups 1 through 4 of Chapter 481 (Texas Controlled Substances Act).
- Tampering with evidence: Altering, destroying or concealing illegal substances during an arrest or investigation can lead to felony charges for tampering with evidence.
- Possession of drug paraphernalia: This is the possession of materials intended to use to grow, create, store, etc., a controlled substance.
The circumstances surrounding your case will heavily influence plea negotiations, a finding of guilt or acquittal, as well as any possible sentencing. That’s why seeking legal representation you can trust is vital.
Charged With A Drug Offense? Contact A Defense Attorney Today.
Lackey Law Firm, P.C. values honest, prompt, and personalized legal representation. If you are facing drug charges, call the firm’s Austin or Fredericksburg location at 888-705-0307. You may also schedule a consultation by completing the online contact form.
*Main office is located in Austin, Texas. All office locations are staffed by appointment only.