Defending Against Drug Charges
When you’re facing criminal drug charges, your freedom, livelihood, reputation and well-being may be on the line. That’s why you need a criminal defense attorney with a reputation of success that you can trust. Lackey Law Firm, P.C., represents clients charged with drug crimes in Austin, Corpus Christi, and Fredericksburg, Texas, and the surrounding areas.
What Is A Drug Crime?
If you have been arrested or charged with possession of drugs, tampering with drug evidence or being intoxicated or under the influence of any illegal drug in Texas, you may face a wide range of consequences.
If found guilty of certain crimes, potential penalties may include jail time, probation, lofty fines, drug addiction treatment, and loss of employment or your driver’s license. Drug charges are dependent on many different factors, so a personalized case evaluation by an experienced and knowledgeable criminal defense attorney can be vital.
Types Of Drugs Crimes
There is a long list of drugs that, if found in your possession, can lead to criminal charges. From prescription pills to controlled substances, different drugs come with varying penalties.
- Possession of a Controlled Substance: The punishments for possession of controlled substances can vary based on the penalty group of the substance and the amount in possession.
- Possession of Marijuana: Charges for marijuana can range from misdemeanor to felony, and can even affect your driver’s license.
- Possession of Dangerous Drug: A dangerous drug is defined by the Health & Safety Code as a device or a drug that is unsafe for self-medication and not included in Schedules I through V or Penalty Groups 1 through 4 of Chapter 481 of the Texas Controlled Substances Act.
- Tampering with Evidence: Altering, destroying or concealing illegal substances during an arrest or investigation can lead to felony charges for tampering with evidence.
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia: This includes possessing materials that you intend to use to grow, create, store or profit from a controlled substance.
The unique circumstances surrounding your case will heavily influence any potential plea negotiations, chances of acquittal or guilty verdicts, as well as potential sentencing. Hiring trusted legal representation from the start is vital for the outcome of your case.
Lackey Law Firm, P.C., values honest, prompt and personalized legal representation. If you are a resident of Central Texas facing drug charges, fill out a case evaluation form or call us for a confidential consultation.
Why Choose Lackey Law Firm, P.C.?
- Experienced in Criminal Defense: Alicia Lackey has experience handling drug-related cases and other criminal defense charges. In addition to criminal defense representation, she is also skilled at litigation and family law, serving clients throughout Central Texas.
- Dedication: You deserve an attorney who listens to your individual needs and keeps you informed about all aspects of your case. When you hire Alicia Lackey as your legal defense, you can expect professional, honest and personalized legal services.
- Compassion for Every Client: Aside from being skilled and knowledgeable in law, Alicia Lackey is an advocate for clients in building a better community in Texas, helping one family at a time.
If you are in need of experienced legal representation, call Lackey Law Firm, P.C. today at 888-705-0307 or fill out our online contact form to schedule a consultation at our Austin or Fredericksburg, Texas, offices.
Main Office is located in Austin, Texas. All office locations are staffed by appointment only.