Building A Defense Against Marijuana Charges
If you’re facing criminal marijuana charges, legal representation that you can trust can make the difference in your case. Lackey Law Firm, P.C. offers legal representation that is honest, prompt and personalized. If you have been charged with marijuana possession or another marijuana-related charge in the Austin or Fredericksburg, Texas, area, contact the firm today.
Why Is Marijuana Illegal In Texas?
In recent years, recreational marijuana has become legal in several states across the country. However, the drug remains illegal, in many circumstances, in the State of Texas. Despite your beliefs on whether it should be legal or not, being in possession of marijuana can still lead to arrest.
Being in possession of marijuana can lead to punishments ranging from probation and a fine to years in jail or prison, depending on the many factors. That’s why it’s important that you get a defense attorney who will fight for your rights. Even though Texas may be taking steps to legalize the drug in some respects, you can still get in legal trouble.
Types Of Marijuana
There are several ways to consume marijuana, and each form can land you in some trouble. While the quantity found on you is typically the most important aspect, the type can also come into play. Here are some of the types of marijuana you can get in trouble for possessing:
- Weed: This is the most common form of marijuana, consisting of the leaves and buds of the cannabis plant. Sometimes weed can be laced with other substances to enhance its effects, creating additional criminal charges.
- Hashish: Also known as hash, hashish is made from the resin of the cannabis plant. Hashish is usually crumbled or rolled with tobacco.
- Hash oil: This is the strongest form of marijuana as well as the least common. It is typically sold is tiny bottles or bags. Only a small amount of oil is needed to produce the same effects of marijuana, meaning the more you have the greater your charge.
- Marijuana cigarettes: Also referred to as joints, spliffs or doobies, marijuana cigarettes are usually hand-rolled.
- Edibles: Marijuana cooked into food is a popular form of consumption. It’s usually mixed with foods such as brownies and cookies. Further, the legalization of marijuana in other states has led to other types of edibles, like chocolates and gummies.
Why Lackey Law Firm, P.C.?
If you have been caught with any form of marijuana and are facing charges, you need a defense attorney who is going to work with you every step of the way. Call Lackey Law Firm, P.C..
It’s important that you feel safe, knowing that you have a defense team working tirelessly for you. So regardless of where you are located in the Austin or Fredericksburg area, Lackey Law Firm, P.C. is here to help. Give the firm’s Austin or Fredericksburg location a call at 888-705-0307. You may also schedule a consultation by completing this online contact form.
*Main office is located in Austin, Texas. All office locations are staffed by appointment only.