Protecting Your Rights In Criminal Law Cases
Getting arrested or being suspected of a crime can leave one extremely vulnerable to incrimination and violation of rights. If you or your loved ones have been placed under investigation or arrest, now is the best time to have a trusted criminal defense attorney by your side — and Lackey Law Firm, P.C., is at your service.
Comprehensive Criminal Defense Services
Below is a sample of the types of criminal defense services that the firm offers:
- Drug charges: Being charged with possessing controlled substances or illegal drugs, such as marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin or ecstasy can place your future and freedom in jeopardy. Even the smallest cases can impact your ability to obtain housing or employment. From Class C misdemeanor citations to complicated felony charges, Lackey Law Firm, P.C., will fight to protect your rights.
- DUI/DWI: The firm will fight to help you avoid the harsh penalties of the Texas law when it comes to driving under the influence (DUI) and driving while intoxicated (DWI). The consequences of an arrest for DUI/DWI start the minute you are arrested, and can quickly affect your ability to keep your driver’s license through the Administrative License Revocation (ALR) process. Waiting to hire an attorney can be a big mistake, and you could miss your chance to request a hearing to contest the suspension of your license. Lackey Law Firm, P.C., also handles public intoxication, minor in possession of alcohol, minor consumption of alcohol, and other alcohol-related criminal cases.
- DWLI: The firm can help contest charges where a person is accused of driving without a valid driver’s license. This can be very important to maintaining an individual’s privilege to continue to drive. It may also help to avoid a snowball of fines and surcharges that make it financially difficult to keep a driver’s license valid and can make all the difference for someone’s future. Lackey Law Firm, P.C., can also assist qualified clients in obtaining an occupational driver’s license when a license suspension has been placed on a driving record.
- Theft charges: The firm assists those charged with theft and credit card abuse by businesses or individuals.
- White collar crimes: The firm can help ensure that white collar crime cases are properly handled by the authorities and the accused is afforded the protections provided under the law.
- Felony charges: Ranging from violent crimes against persons, like assault, to crimes against property, the goal of Lackey Law Firm, P.C., is to work for the best possible outcome when you are suspected of, arrested for, or charged with a serious felony.
- Misdemeanor charges: Ensuring that all misdemeanor cases are handled with the same care and concern as more serious cases, Lackey Law Firm, P.C., understands that misdemeanor charges are serious too and efforts should be made to minimize potential consequences.
- Expunctions and nondisclosures: Petitioning for a client’s criminal history to be erased through the expunction process or sealed through the nondisclosure process is another service that Lackey Law Firm, P.C., provides. Lackey Law Firm, P.C., can assist in obtaining a certified criminal history from the Texas Department of Public Safety and evaluating what steps might be taken to help an individual get a fresh start.
Contact An Attorney Right Away If You Have Been Charged With A Crime
*Main office is located in Austin, Texas. All office locations are staffed by appointment only.