Compassionate Guidance For Your Divorce
Are you required to have a lawyer to divorce in Texas? No. But unless you are a qualified professional, going through the divorce process without a family law attorney can create problems that will haunt your future. It is not enough to hire any family law lawyer. You need a Texas attorney who is capable of delivering results.
Attorney Alicia Lackey of Lackey Law Firm, P.C., provides valuable legal assistance for spouses filing for divorce. Equipped with years of experience, she is prepared to fight for your rights in court or guide you in the settlement process, with your future in mind.
Match The Right Methods To Your Goals
There are several types of divorce cases in Texas, including:
- Collaborative divorce: Parties collaborate to negotiate and settle their differences without litigation. Although the parties might not agree on everything at all times, the collaborative divorce process can facilitate the parties reaching agreements on issues such as alimony, custody, property division and child support.
- Contested divorce: Either party disputes one or more issues of the case, and a court determination is required to resolve the matters.
- Uncontested divorce: Both spouses work together to cooperatively dissolve their marriage and reach an agreement on issues in the case, which can include the informal settlement, mediation or collaborative divorce processes.
- At-fault divorce: There are claims in the divorce that a spouse has caused the divorce. The court can grant a divorce in favor of one spouse on the ground of cruelty, adultery, the conviction of felony, abandonment, living apart or confinement in a mental hospital.
- No-fault divorce: The ground for divorce is that the marriage has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities that destroy the legitimate ends of the marital relationship and prevent any reasonable expectation of reconciliation.
- Default divorce: The court grants the divorce after one spouse fails to respond to the filing of the other spouse, after a certain period has passed and several conditions have been met.
You deserve an attorney who listens to your needs and keeps you updated on the status of your case. You can expect compassionate and personalized legal services when you hire attorney Alicia Lackey to be your advocate. Alicia Lackey has significant experience in divorce and many other types of cases related to family law.
Schedule A Consultation To Evaluate Your Case
Our firm can help you pursue a fresh start using divorce. Call Lackey Law Firm, P.C., today at 888-705-0307 or fill out an online contact form to schedule a consultation at our Austin or Fredericksburg offices.
Main office is located in Austin, Texas. All office locations are staffed by appointment only.