Collaborative Divorce: Reaching An Agreement On Your Terms
Of all the couples you know that have had a marriage end in divorce or separation, how many of them will say that the process made them a better person? Unfortunately, the judicial system is not always the best at addressing disputes of the family relationship. In every neighborhood, work environment or group, there are too many stories of divorce leaving parties an emotional and financial wreck. However, the dissolution of a marriage does not always have to end badly.
Divorce doesn’t always have to be a legal battle. There is a way for couples to be amicable, to negotiate and settle their differences without the courtroom drama. Although the parties might not agree on everything at all times, the collaborative divorce process can facilitate the parties reaching agreements on issues such as custody, property division, and child support without litigation. Many times, the collaborative divorce process can be the best option for an uncontested divorce.
What Is A Collaborative Divorce?
Collaborative divorce is a private, confidential, alternative way of reaching an agreement to achieve a divorce settlement. It primarily involves continuous negotiations, communication and mediation between both parties and professionals, but still within the legal protection of a traditional divorce. The benefits of resolving your issues through this process include:
- Interest-based negotiation: Reaching a “win-win” instead of a “win-lose” settlement is the goal. This enables both parties to focus on the future of their children, financial security and other mutual goals.
- Private and discrete: Providing a safe and comfortable space for everyone involved should never be compromised. Collaborative divorce is often the best option for spouses who want to avoid the prying eyes of the public or the pressure of a courtroom without forfeiting due process and the assistance of professionals.
- Family-centered: Extending efforts to make sure that the interest of all members of the family, especially the children, is safeguarded.
- Flexible terms: Creating the terms and conditions which will best suit a couple is not always the same. Under the guidance of a legal professional, spouses can customize the perfect arrangement to reach an agreement.
- Cost-effective: Removing the meticulous and tedious process of the traditional divorce will tremendously cut down on the expenses. The collaborative divorce process can not only help save you money, but it can also reduce the amount of time and effort you need to invest in a divorce.
Contact A Lawyer To Find Out If This Process Is Right For You
Lackey Law Firm, P.C., believes in family first. More than a legal representative, you need a lawyer who is genuinely concerned about your well-being. This is what you can expect from the firm. Call the firm’s main office in Austin or the firm’s Fredricksburg location at 888-705-0307. You may also schedule a consultation by completing the online contact form.
*Main office is located in Austin, Texas. All office locations are staffed by appointment only.